🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_8268.jpeg
You never know what will pop out of the dirt. The Social Security card is for a man born in 1888. The script G two piece button needs some ID help. Not sure if this is CW, military or 1900’s.

The reigns guide is a design I have never found before. First silver of ‘24, barely…and the Rivet with a star is fairly rare around here.

Thx!

Attachments

• IMG_8270.jpeg
    IMG_8270.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8271.jpeg
    IMG_8271.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8269.jpeg
    IMG_8269.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_8267.jpeg
    IMG_8267.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_8266.jpeg
    IMG_8266.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
Upvote 42
Now those are some cool finds! Love that SS card, and from a guy born in 1888. Wow! I remember having a metal SS card back in the 70’s.
Looking forward to hearing what that “G” button is. To me it stands for “Great”. 👍
Congrats on those recoveries,
MM

View attachment 2123797You never know what will pop out of the dirt. The Social Security card is for a man born in 1888. The script G two piece button needs some ID help. Not sure if this is CW, military or 1900’s.

The reigns guide is a design I have never found before. First silver of ‘24, barely…and the Rivet with a star is fairly rare around here.

Thx!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Congratulations on the card and button.
I fell down the rabbit hole of looking at many button sites, but came up with a :dontknow:

Congratulations on the card and button.
I fell down the rabbit hole of looking at many button sites, but came up with a :dontknow:
Appreciate you looking. My guess is that the G button is from a valet or elevator attendant uniform at the old Gimbels department store in nearby Pittsburgh. This would have been 1925-1945. I found 2 other 2 piece buttons at this site “Grant Building” which I believe were also uniform buttons for building staff same time period.

So what did you find out?
His family has been in W PA since 1794, living throughout Washington and Allegheny Counties. Farmers, but nothing I could find out about Andrew that was significant other than his wife was from the mining family that owned a chunk of my township, fun to see street names and parks in my area with these names.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back