What's new

Brass Thing

Jonzer

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
541
Reaction score
55
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this while hunting arrowheads.
It was in a cornfield on a river bluff where I find lots of pottery and points.
It's about an inch and a half in diameter.
There is a civil war soldier's cemetary at the base of the bluff.
Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • b 001.webp
    b 001.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 326
  • b 002.webp
    b 002.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 316
That's what my buddy said.
Any idea of it's age?
Markings of any particular model or brand?
 
Upvote 0
I'm not really up on these. Only thing I see is that the spring is on the inside, not the outside. Civil War era would be very possible.
 
Upvote 0
Lucas said:
Top of a gunpowder flask.
Yep. Looks civil war period or close. There could be a makers name on it somewhere.
 
Upvote 0
I guess the spout screwed into the threaded hole. good ID.


Jonzer,

If you feel this is solved,

Go back to your original post,

Click on Modify,

Click on Message icon down arrow,

Click on Solved,

The Green Check will appear
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom