mk4125

Jul 9, 2015
Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett/AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep into the woods and the AT-PRO blasted a loud 83 at ten inches down. I carefully extracted this brass plate that still has a number of brass tinkler's still attached. 22 in total. IMG_20170826_101822.jpgIMG_20170826_101839.jpgIMG_20170826_101831.jpg. Post clean up (couple were barely attached and came off). The leather cord is still in decent shape for the rest).. IMG_20170826_124037.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 75
That is truly a Banner Find. Tinklers are fairly common on Fur Trade sites but to find them still attached to the mounting plate is phenomenal and I`ll bet that more of the cordage is still preserved inside the cones. The plate could have been worn anywhere but it would fit nicely on the knee and give the desired tinkling effect.
Thread should be moved to Fur Trade and Indian artifacts forums. Again a great find and BANNER worthy!

OMG thats freaking awesome. I have found some of those individually but this is truly remarkable IMO. BANNER!

voted banner

This is a ridiculously awesome find, BANNER

That is an amazing find. I have one silver tinkler I found in Pennsylvania and a few brass ones I found in Oklahoma, but I have never seen them attached to a brass plate like that. I looked in Lar Hotham's Indian Trade Relics book and he doesn't have any examples like that either. That is a really cool and rare Indian Trade relic and my Banner vote is going in now!

:censored:, now I gotta add that to my list of 'sure would like to find"

screw the silver--- BRASSkicks :censored:
:occasion18: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :icon_biggrin:

That is a phenomenal find of a life time!:o Big time congrats on the find and careful and thorough recovery. WOW! Such historic coolness attached to this one. I believe you are going BANNER!:icon_salut:

Super duper incredible find.

Very nice relic

Wow! An historic era ( tinkler breast plate?). I've never heard of such a thing, perhaps a dancing shaman's breastplate, just speculation based on what I've read.
Congrats! mk4125,if it is what it certainly appears to be!
Sweet swing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back