Brinks must be unloading coppers???

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
Just finished my second box of pennies in as many weeks from the same bank and found an abundance of coppers versus zincs. This box contained 86% coppers including 43 wheat pennies, 14 1960's and 70's "S" mintmarks and 19 Canadians. The assumption is that due to the decrease in the price of copper, Brinks is now putting back into circulation the coppers that they may have been taking out of circulation earlier. I don't think that would explain the large number of wheats but whatever, I'll take it. Anyone else been experiencing this phenom with penny boxes?

FL Junkman

Upvote 0
It would be silly to think that Brinks would do any thing other than recieve reroll and ship coins out.

Your increase in copper could simply be someone else cashing in a hoard for the same reasons you ponderd.

Mojo

As far as I remember, there was never definitive proof that they were taking copper out in the first place (though I do recall quite a few reports of TOTAL copper skunks from brinks boxes). I realize metals and most commods. have dropped recently, but that is hardly a reason to dump all your hoarded copper. Brinks, if they were taking copper out, would have had to make a decent investment in equipment, time, salaries/money, storage, etc. It wouldn't be smart to do that and then the second copper drops, junk the plan.

Most people believe the commods./metals will increase again fairly soon.

Like one of my good dealer friends says, "do the opposite of what the media tells you to do". And there is A LOT in the media telling the sheeple to sell sell sell your metal. Hmmm... now why would they wany to buy it all if it wasn't going to go up soon?

~Dave

Like Mojo and Dave said, Brinks does not do anything except take in coins and reroll them. They are not taking out silver, since I get mostly Brinks boxes and still find silver now and then. If they are not messing with (removing and hoarding) silver then they definitely are not messing around with copper pennies.

People are probably dumping any coinage they find around the house because of Christmas time and they have so little cash to spend. I think this is why some here have said that they are having better finds in their boxes of halves lately.

Jim

Hey Junkman, what you are finding is all that's left after the so-called PONZI scheme. All the retirees have left are copper pennies. Don't complain, it is my experience when you do, the good boxes turn to $hit. Cheers, Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back