British Tax Collectors homesite, ca. 1720- Spanish silver

U

umrgolf

British Tax Collector's homesite, ca. 1720- Spanish silver

:hello: Josh and I stumbled onto a very early dwelling this weekend while out on the prowl looking for a new site. We obtained permission from the owners and detected the place pretty hard Saturday, Sunday, and today and came away with some nice finds. Josh certainly had the better finds between the two of us and will post his later this evening or in the morning. I was pleased to find a clipped quarter of a Carolus IV half reale. Josh also found spanish and a VERY cool colonial button :wink:

Since he had the better finds, we agreed that he will post the pictures of the house.. and it's a beautiful early brick home. It was settled in 1720 by a Captain Finn, who records show was a tax collector for England. Here a few photos from a cemetery near the home. Josh and I DON'T hunt in cemeteries, just thought you all might enjoy a few scenery shots from the property. The majority of our finds came near the house itself and the surrounding fields.

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

and now for the finds......
IMG_0138.JPG

Here's an early brass gun attachment, which part I'm not sure, but looks hand-engraved
IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

1826-1828 Artillery Corps (Richard Robinson, Attleboro)
IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

New York Staff
IMG_0157.JPG

Upvote 0

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: British Tax Collector's homesite, ca. 1720- Spanish silver

Kudos go to you and Josh for such an amazing site you guys were able to retrieve some simply amazing finds from! The artillery button was great, I loved the escutcheon plate, and you can never dig enough spanish silver!! :headbang: Of course the rest of the finds are great eye candy also.

I have been out of town this week for a relic hunting trip and will be back home tomorrow. I'll keep you guys updated on how I did!

IM

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
Re: British Tax Collector's homesite, ca. 1720- Spanish silver

Wow! Each find is nicer then the next! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions