What's new

Bro kicks my butt in dimes and finds some mercs!!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2005
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
12,900
Golden Thread
0
Location
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
So my brother and I got a bag of dimes from the bank that we split half and half. I got the top half of the bag and he the bottom half. I searched through all of mine last night and only found 1 canadian no silver or anything. I was wondering at this point if the machine at the bank kicked out silver, and then my brother searched through his half today. He found 8 silver dimes in total, 6 roosevelts and two mercury dimes. The dates on the mercs are 1918 S, and 1941. I am very happy for him, but also astonished that he got 8 and I 0 haha. Anyways I guess you would call that a good bag. Are other keepers from the week include 16 wheats, 1 war nickel, lots of foreign coins, and dozens of pre 1960 jefferson's. Happy hunting to you all

-Washingtonian
 

Attachments

  • CRH1.webp
    CRH1.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 404
  • CRH2.webp
    CRH2.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 391
  • CRH3.webp
    CRH3.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 381
Upvote 0
Next time you get the bottom. Silver is Heavier and sinks to the Bottom.

I used to play that game with my brother with a glass of pop. I would split it with him and I would take the bottom half. I would drink the whole glass to get to the bottom. Boy was he mad.

Mojo
 
Nice work on the Mercs.

That's just mean Mr. Mojo. I doubt the silver sinks to the bottom of the bag, probably not enough weight difference and disturbance for that. It was more likely that the silver was dumped in first.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
coinmojo said:
Next time you get the bottom. Silver is Heavier and sinks to the Bottom.

I used to play that game with my brother with a glass of pop. I would split it with him and I would take the bottom half. I would drink the whole glass to get to the bottom. Boy was he mad.

Mojo
Mojo I have to say, that is funny as (deleted), sounds like something I would've done. ffd
 
When I've done dime and quarter bags I just about always find the silver at the bottom of the bag. I don't think it's the weight because when I do half dollar bags I find them throughout the bag.
Still, I'd take the bottom of the bag.

Nice finds on those dimes :thumbsup:
 
May want to try left half and right half next time... :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom