Jim 2.0
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Nov 10, 2007
- Messages
- 391
- Reaction score
- 2
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Pinckney, MI
- Detector(s) used
- BH, Prizm IV, Tesoro Cortez!
- #1
Thread Owner
broke into 1800's in a "Large" way update & question?
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,226586.new.html#new
She is soaking in olive oil but here is before pic: 1854 Large Cent!
I have noticed when this large cent is rotated that the reverse side is 90 degrees from the front! If you rotate a normal coin, (how do I say this?) top to bottom, the reverse side reads horizontally. But on my Large cent, the reverse "one cent" reads vertically. Is this normal for a Large Cent? Can't seem to find out anything in my searches.
Any help appreciated! Jim
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,226586.new.html#new
She is soaking in olive oil but here is before pic: 1854 Large Cent!
I have noticed when this large cent is rotated that the reverse side is 90 degrees from the front! If you rotate a normal coin, (how do I say this?) top to bottom, the reverse side reads horizontally. But on my Large cent, the reverse "one cent" reads vertically. Is this normal for a Large Cent? Can't seem to find out anything in my searches.
Any help appreciated! Jim








