Broke into the 1600s today. Spanish Silver 1684 (UPDATE) My buddies pics added

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Broke into the 1600's today. Spanish Silver 1684 (UPDATE) My buddies pics added

Hit the fields today with my buddies George and Sam. It started out kinda quiet. A button here and there. Then George found a copper (5 total for him I believe). Good sign. We finally found the two hotspots and the finds just kept coming. After a bunch of buttons I got a nice clean signal and pulled the 1722 George copper. Finally one that was'nt so beat up compared to last weeks. We're going along and George comes walking over. I knew it would be good. Shows me a beautiful 1746 2 reale in nice shape. Less then 10 minutes later I find the chunk of silver with the digits 684. No more silver after that but the coppers and buttons just kept coming. One of George's friends shows up with his cibola and wound up finding three coppers of his own. My other copper is unfortunately trashed. Nothing recognizable. I wound up with 16 buttons total. I will post George's finds once he emails me the pics. I know one of his was a large cent and a George half penny I think, but his best find was the 1746 Spanish silver. Had a blast there today. Total hunting time around 5 hours. Sam left early and I don't know what he found. Hopefully something good. Till next time.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,360
  • 684.jpg
    684.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,371
  • 684b.jpg
    684b.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,352
  • 1722.jpg
    1722.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,351
  • 1722b.jpg
    1722b.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,338
  • buttons.jpg
    buttons.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,346
  • buttonsb.jpg
    buttonsb.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,344
Upvote 1
Re: Broke into the 1600's today. Spanish Silver 1684 (UPDATE) My buddies pics added

Mike95inNJ said:
Ocean7 said:
wow must be a virgin site, Mike! Excellent finds! WTG! :)
Virgin site for Team Shadow that's fer sure. We did find unfilled holes though. Wonder what they found.
HH, Mike in NJ

ok Virgin site for guys who know what they're doing... I suppose they cleaned out the trash for you - I love when this happens.... ;)

Re: Broke into the 1600's today. Spanish Silver 1684 (UPDATE) My buddies pics added

Wow, that's a fantastic site you guys are hunting! That cut silver and 2 Reale are rare finds. WTG!

Great Finds. Congrats!

Fantastic finds--Great hunt

GREAT COLONAIL SITE. WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR..........GREAT JOB IN THE FEILD, WHAT A DAY....................BDD PACO

Mike UNREAL....simply AWESOME NICE HUNTING!!!! WTG!!

Man that silver is a beauty

Ocean7 said:
ok Virgin site for guys who know what they're doing... I suppose they cleaned out the trash for you - I love when this happens.... ;)

I agree! Fantastic hunt for you guys! I'm diggin the 2 Reales, as well as the cut silver. Beautiful buttons and cufflinks...

Is that a NJ copper in George's last photo, bottom center?

Regards,

Buckleboy

Wowzers, that's a nice assortment of coin finds.
Way to go.

Re: Broke into the 1600's today. Spanish Silver 1684 (UPDATE) My buddies pics ad

Excellent...nice stroke of luck to get the piece showing the date. I bet most people have never found a 1600s coin. I never have. Great work.

very nice ! great group of finds there and the silver ....WOW !

congrats -

vp

Looks like you guys had a GREAT day with the old coins!! I like both pieces of silver!! Congrats!

Wow nice find's ! Congrat's ! ;D

BuckleBoy said:
Ocean7 said:

I agree! Fantastic hunt for you guys! I'm diggin the 2 Reales, as well as the cut silver. Beautiful buttons and cufflinks...

Is that a NJ copper in George's last photo, bottom center?

Regards,

Buckleboy
Hey Buckleboy. Yes it's a NJ copper. Can't get a date. Can only see the shield .
HH, Mike in NJ

This should be your song: :D

Insert, "Nothing compares to coppa."

Wow! :o What more is there to say!?

Those are some nice digs there!!! WTG!!

CONGRATS! on the finds Mike.......you guys are over some seriously hot ground.

Well I just found out that George's friend that showed up at our site yesterday wound up finding 5 coppers and a 1/2 reale. I'll see if George can get some photos.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back