What's new

Broke!

Force_of_Iron

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2019
Messages
374
Reaction score
504
Golden Thread
0
Location
Formerly Ohio, now south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch, poor thing. A beautiful piece of work.

20191024_100553.webp

20191024_100639.webp

20191024_100708.webp

20191024_100750.webp

Broke in a country auction several years ago. Once a fine dovetail. Complete at the start of the sale but broke with the tail missing an hour later.

One of many auction horror stories.
 
Upvote 0
I get sad whenever I see it. It is a real tragedy when you see what was and then see it gone in a short space of time

Its the benefit and the curse of the country auction. You can find gems that no one knows anything about but those same people will throw things around because they don't know anything about it.

Its still nice as diminished as it is. Ill make it the centerpiece of a frame someday.
 
You can send it off to repaired,, I would.
 
You can send it off to repaired,, I would.

I've never really considered that. With most things it is better to leave things in unrestored condition but with this you may have a point (yes that pun was intentional).

I've never seen a restored piece but my experience is that there are more doing restoration than can do it well. Who is capable of such work?
 
It's a beauty.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom