What's new

Brokes and bears

theviking

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2009
Messages
1,404
Reaction score
921
Golden Thread
0
Location
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Found more bears than whole points lately. Two bears in three quick hunts, no whole points. Here is some of what I did find, the paw print is a coyote, a very big coyote. Why don't the pics load in order anymore? Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_8902 (800x532).webp
    DSC_8902 (800x532).webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_8867 (800x532).webp
    DSC_8867 (800x532).webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_8823 (800x446).webp
    DSC_8823 (800x446).webp
    57.7 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCF0004 (800x582).webp
    DSCF0004 (800x582).webp
    120.2 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCF0002 (800x600).webp
    DSCF0002 (800x600).webp
    132.7 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
That some beautiful country
 
I found a Bic. Also, a Muslim aunt Jamamm. That bear is scary . Wild life just released some here. Makes me sick to think about it.
 
Thanks for the comments guys. The lighter was used as a scale to show the size of the coyote print. Most prints I see are smaller than the lighter at about 2 1/2 inches, this print was around 4 inches, must be a monster. Why where bears released in you'r area, where they injured? Didn't think they did that just to increase numbers. Why does that make you sick? Just be smarter than the bear. Try to remember to make noise so you don't surprise one. Arm yourself if you'r really concerned about it. I carry a large knife. Thanks again.
 
NC field hunter said:
I found a Bic. Also, a Muslim aunt Jamamm. That bear is scary . Wild life just released some here. Makes me sick to think about it.

Hindu not everyone is a terrorist ha

Johnathan Griswold
 
armed for sure here it`s timber rattlers and big ole gattor`s not good things to see when your in waist deep water and their just a few feet away or you bend down to pick up something and hear those rattles singing , the gators i can handle the snakes put me in freak out mode real bad
 
theviking said:
Thanks for the comments guys. The lighter was used as a scale to show the size of the coyote print. Most prints I see are smaller than the lighter at about 2 1/2 inches, this print was around 4 inches, must be a monster. Why where bears released in you'r area, where they injured? Didn't think they did that just to increase numbers. Why does that make you sick? Just be smarter than the bear. Try to remember to make noise so you don't surprise one. Arm yourself if you'r really concerned about it. I carry a large knife. Thanks again.

Don't know why they released the bears honestly. Theory is to control coyote population, a problem that local wild life created in the first place. Bears have always migrated in and out of our Area, but they are being seen pretty often now. I heard that 46 bears were released in my county. That is a strange number. Perhaps, they are rehabilitated bears, and they turned them out in an are with few other bears, so that they can adapt to the wild trouble free. It really doesn't make me sick, it's just that as a kid, I could walk the woods at night time. I had no bears or coyote to think about!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom