Bucket Lister Found Underground!

ShortbusElite

Jun 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for a hunt which was a first for myself today in a few different ways. I was able to get permission from a very nice gentleman who owned a very old local theater which had a dirt floor in the basement of it. After telling the amazing history of the theater and giving me the tour of the place he proceeded to hand me the keys to the place and asked me to lock up on the way out! Every once in awhile you run into some of the kindest people while you are out enjoying this hobby. There are many times where the people I meet and conversations I get to have with those people rival even the coolest finds I have on the day. Anyways, after the owner left I detected in the basement for a few hours where I found my first Barber dime. I was able to pull off a dime trifecta down there with the additional Rosie and Mercury dimes. I also found my first collar pin and several wheat pennies. The area I was detecting in the basement was once used as a speakeasy as well according to the owner. Days like today are why I enjoy this hobby so much.

Attachments

• 20220821_210535.jpg
    20220821_210535.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 136
  • 20220821_210544.jpg
    20220821_210544.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
  • 20220821_205803.jpg
    20220821_205803.jpg
    968.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20220821_205741.jpg
    20220821_205741.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
  • 20220821_205745.jpg
    20220821_205745.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • 20220821_205749.jpg
    20220821_205749.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
Upvote 27

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for a hunt which was a first for myself today in a few different ways. I was able to get permission from a very nice gentleman who owned a very old local theater which had a dirt floor in the basement of it. After telling the amazing history of the theater and giving me the tour of the place he proceeded to hand me the keys to the place and asked me to lock up on the way out! Every once in awhile you run into some of the kindest people while you are out enjoying this hobby. There are many times where the people I meet and conversations I get to have with those people rival even the coolest finds I have on the day. Anyways, after the owner left I detected in the basement for a few hours where I found my first Barber dime. I was able to pull off a dime trifecta down there with the additional Rosie and Mercury dimes. I also found my first collar pin and several wheat pennies. The area I was detecting in the basement was once used as a speakeasy as well according to the owner. Days like today are why I enjoy this hobby so much.
How cool is that?!
Will you have access again? Thanks for sharing :)

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's certainly a unique dig site! Congrats on your finds!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice dimes! Congratulations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread