Bucket lister - Its "Trime" to end the drought !

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can finally stop drooling over the 3 Cent silver Trime's that all of you post, because after 30 years, I finally have my own ! My bucket list is very short these days. I hit a field on Sunday, that produced 2 Shield Nickels, an 1867 and 186?. I decided to go back yesterday to see if the field held any more goodies and it did. Before I popped the 3 Cent piece, there were 2 Indians that came to surface one being a 1906 the other to crusty to see. After 3 1/2 hours, I decided to call it a day, and headed back to my truck. About 30 feet from my truck (and still in the field) I heard a good, very quick short hit on my Equinox 800 and decided to dig. Out popped this beautiful 1852 3 Cent silver. This was the first time I have ever used the Equinox in a field (usually its my Fisher CZ5) and I was hunting in the Field 1 program. I think I'll be going back again this Sunday. I have been hitting this field on and off for 5 years now. Keep those detectors on until you reach your vehicle. Come on Franklin Half ! (I know its hard to believe I haven't found one yet) I did not put the Shield Nickels or Indians in the pic, as they are still in Olive Oil and being Coppers and Nickels from a field, the detail is not that good.

Attachments

• trime1.jpg
    trime1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 119
  • trime2.jpg
    trime2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
  • trime10.jpeg
    trime10.jpeg
    754.6 KB · Views: 165
Upvote 53

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice Trime Congrats.

They are tough to come by. That one is a really nice example to.

The Franklin half although common another tough coin to find.

You'll get one.

Jer

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!:hello2::headbang:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!!! Congrats on the Elusive Three Cent Silver!!!! Bucket Lister here too!!! Congrats!!!!!!

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To find one that nice for your first one is special. I've found a few, but not that nice!

As tiny as they were, they must have been easy to lose, but with so few minted, I wonder if there was sufficient quantity to lose many.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I appreciate the story that’s something we all want to do when your body says leave and your mind says keep detecting it’s not over till it’s over Beautiful picture to hang that sucker up on my wall. I’ve had much success with field 1 And I also have success in field 1. I’m glad to say the equinox 800 hits small silver very well I have gotten two Trimes myself and it also hit and Guatemala 1/4 real which is smaller than the Trime. I congratulate you on your find and keep them coming. Nice job Treurehunter!!!!!

OhioTrevor

Jan 2, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A big congratulations to you. Terrific finds. It sound like you paid the price too!! Quick question, do you really find that soaking copper coins in olive oil really helps? I have always struggled with how to make my coins look nice with out ruining their value.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Lots of nice stuff comes out on the way back to the truck.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations you got a nice one there. I have only ever dug one and it was badly worn.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As they say, "It's about trime you found one"! Congrats!

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding find, Congrats on your Trime, it looks beautiful!!! "D" :occasion14:

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those sure are tough to find. I was lucky enough to find one this year, also 1852. They sure are tiny. Yours looks great... Congrats!

sylvia40

Nov 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve found one 1948 Franklin half in NY ABOUT 35 years ago, back in the days when almost everywhere was virgin soil

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice trime! It is a beautiful coin! Thanks for sharing with us! Still on my list.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That little beauty is absolutely awesome! :icon_thumleft: Huge Congrats for knocking that one off the bucket list. I haven't found a 3-cent piece of either type in nearly 30 years, so I respect how elusive they are. Question, if you have a chance to reply- do you remember what number that quick hit displayed?

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. 3 centers are always fun to dig and look at on the forum

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. Franklin Half is also the only coin I should have but haven’t found yet. Haven’t found a silver dollar either but I figure my two gold dollars have overcome that deficit

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread