What's new

Bucket lister x2 and of course some indians

toasted

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
14,368
Golden Thread
5
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back to the Indian burial ground today. Still no more silver but Indians a plenty. What really made the day worth it for me was the pair of shield nickels. My first. Gonna try and get dates off them now. Thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    390.3 KB · Views: 181
Upvote 40
Very nice copper recoveries and two nickels are a great bonus!
 
I've had great success cleaning dug nickels with Aluminum Jelly.
 
shields are harder to find that an honest politician, should clean up nicely, same as the IH's
 
Congrats on pulling those 7 keepers, 5 IHPs and 2 Vs :headbang: Hope one of those V's is an 1880 for your sake. Wouldn't that be wonderfull. :occasion14: Your Vs are in way better condition than most I have seen or the one I dug.
 
Those are nice looking shields. I have about a half a dozen none of them or anywhere near as nice as this. You can barely tell what they are. I would not do too much cleaning if I were you.
 
Congrats on pulling those 7 keepers, 5 IHPs and 2 Vs :headbang: Hope one of those V's is an 1880 for your sake. Wouldn't that be wonderfull. :occasion14: Your Vs are in way better condition than most I have seen or the one I dug.

Hey loco, their shields not v's
 
Nice job man, them IH'S should clean up nice...
 
Well I know one of them is 1866 or 1867 because of the rays. Doubt I'll get dates though. My cleaning efforts usually make them worse so I'll probably just leave em be
 
You're right about the Rays, but the dates are so small on those series that it's an often lost detail. I've only gotten dates from about half of mine if that. But 1866 or 1867 are awesome early dates. Congrats on the X2
 
Great job on the 2 Shields. That is one of 2 coins that I still have on my bucket list also.
 
Congrats on your bucket listers!!
It always happens in two's.
And nice INJINS! !
 
Congrats on your bucket listers!!
It always happens in two's.
And nice INJINS! !

If someone hadn't come through this site back in the day and dug most of the high tones, I probably would have got my seated and or Barber quarter bucket listers. I guess their still could be a trime or 3 cent nickel here???
 
Last edited:
Awesome digs, nothing like a twofer off the bucket list.
 
Those shield nickels are nice compared to the ones i found good find
 
Could be a silver hiding under one of the coppers, never say never until it all goes quiet in the headphones.
 
Could be a silver hiding under one of the coppers, never say never until it all goes quiet in the headphones.

They're still a lot of mid-low tones here but haven't heard a deep high tone here in some time
 
Nice looking hand full of coins! Congrats on the score.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom