Bucketlister for me

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know this sounds strange but I always wanted to find an aluminum good luck token.
Well today, I found one.
Who is Jenny Elizabeth Graham?
Sept 1954?
I can’t seem to find her bio.
I did find a Jenny Elizabeth Graham who was abducted by an Indian tribe a few hundred years ago.
She could have used this good luck token then lol.
292FFCB2-CA7D-4A7B-BBD1-27FC8AA7A6C8.jpeg 0D0EA4B9-BF47-498B-AB4B-1BF0A9C14D67.jpeg

Upvote 26

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool piece- Congrats!

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat find. I remember they had those machines in the amusement parks. Had to turn a big wheel to select each letter to be embossed. Northeast Ohio and Western Pa had a lot of parks.

OP
OP
neodetectorist

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neat find. I remember they had those machines in the amusement parks. Had to turn a big wheel to select each letter to be embossed. Northeast Ohio and Western Pa had a lot of parks.

You are absolutely spot on with this Mudflap
After further research, I found this site 20th Century North American Good Luck Coins
Apparently Jenny Elizabeth Graham was the person who made this. I envision a carnival rolled through town sometime in Sept of 54 where Jenny created this personalized token for herself.
My job now is to find this person and give it back to her. Hopefully she was a local and I can find her.
Thanks again for the lead.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
You are absolutely spot on with this Mudflap
After further research, I found this site 20th Century North American Good Luck Coins
Apparently Jenny Elizabeth Graham was the person who made this. I envision a carnival rolled through town sometime in Sept of 54 where Jenny created this personalized token for herself.
My job now is to find this person and give it back to her. Hopefully she was a local and I can find her.
Thanks again for the lead.
That would be one hell of a return! I'll commit to an honorable mention in advance....hoping you can pull this off!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find and I hope you find her and return it.
We used to have one of those machines in our local Woolworth's department store. I made 1 or 2 of those myself when I saved up a bit of allowance money.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find and I hope you find her and return it.
We used to have one of those machines in our local Woolworth's department store. I made 1 or 2 of those myself when I saved up a bit of allowance money.
...and I probable fed the machine with silver quarters to operate it! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I love those as long as they’re shallow, when they’re deeper than 6” it’s just cruel

OP
OP
neodetectorist

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love those as long as they’re shallow, when they’re deeper than 6” it’s just cruel

This one was deep. About 6”

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was one of my bucket lister too, I dug 3 in 20 years, they are rarer than you think very nice find

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a neat find. I remember those machines as a youngster, and have been lucky enough to have found 5 of those tokens, although none of mine have a last name on them. One says "Sue and Bob 1962" Another says "Vote for Smitty", One says "National Board of trade" and I cant remember the other 2 without going downstairs to look in my token book. All of those tokens have a personal touch, as the maker could put on it whatever they wanted to. Glad yours is in nice shape.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She probably married and has a different last name now. You might be able to look through wedding records or high school year books and alumni groups to find her through her maiden name. Good Luck! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread