What's new

Buckle I D help needed (has patent dates)

relic lover

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
2,218
Reaction score
1,310
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this buckle today I think it is a suspender buckle it still clamps! It is embossed PAT MAR 7 71 NOV 3 74. I tried to find who made it & where but I can't figure out how you guys search old patents so well. I would love some help. Thanks in advance R.L.
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    91.8 KB · Views: 388
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    48.1 KB · Views: 332
  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    91.8 KB · Views: 303
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    48.1 KB · Views: 309
This is a very old patent.
 

Attachments

  • patent suspender buckle 1871.webp
    patent suspender buckle 1871.webp
    74.8 KB · Views: 457
  • patent suspender buckle 1871 abstract.webp
    patent suspender buckle 1871 abstract.webp
    110.1 KB · Views: 343
  • patent suspender buckle 1871 abstract.webp
    patent suspender buckle 1871 abstract.webp
    110.1 KB · Views: 280
  • patent suspender buckle 1871.webp
    patent suspender buckle 1871.webp
    74.8 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0
The second patent identifies Smith & Griggs as the manufacturer.

Patent number: 156580
Filing date: Oct 15, 1874
Issue date: Nov 3, 1874
Inventor: JOHN LINES
Assignee: SMITH & GRIGGS MANUFACTURING COMPANY
 

Attachments

  • patent suspender buckle 1874 abstract.webp
    patent suspender buckle 1874 abstract.webp
    123.9 KB · Views: 315
  • patent suspender buckle 1874.webp
    patent suspender buckle 1874.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 331
  • patent suspender buckle 1874.webp
    patent suspender buckle 1874.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 296
  • patent suspender buckle 1874 abstract.webp
    patent suspender buckle 1874 abstract.webp
    123.9 KB · Views: 271
Upvote 0
Sweet thanks BCH :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom