- Joined
- May 16, 2023
- Messages
- 7,100
- Reaction score
- 34,417
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I’m hunting around where I think a house sat in the early 1900’s. So far just trying to find where it actually was. Found some old square nails and a file so I think I’m in the right area. Today I found this and was hoping someone might know what it was or some idea of when it was made?
I think it’s copper or a copper alloy, as there is a little bit of green tarnish on one edge. I first thought it was a buckle, but the middle part doesn’t seem hinged, but solid and “springy”. My wife says maybe a hair clip, and an internet image search says maybe a suspender clip. Does anyone know?

I think it’s copper or a copper alloy, as there is a little bit of green tarnish on one edge. I first thought it was a buckle, but the middle part doesn’t seem hinged, but solid and “springy”. My wife says maybe a hair clip, and an internet image search says maybe a suspender clip. Does anyone know?









