buckles and brass from nevada

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
well we are heading to nevada for the week, so i figured i would go throu last yrs finds, or some of them and leave yall a few pics of some of the stuff, the brass was found all over the state, and the buckles came from one fishing trip that turned into a buckle fest...this is about 1/3 of the buckles we found at an old home stead. the square nails came from another sit along with the little costume jewlery ring at the bottom....cant wait to get out there and do some digging...happy hunting and enjoy the pics...lgp

Attachments

• metal detecting 006.jpg
    metal detecting 006.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 442
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Hey great finds. Best of luck and have a great time on your trip!
When you attach pics , I think you just have to hit the ''(more attachment)'' next to browse and it will allow you to have another browse box.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice buckles you have there...Whats great about them is you can hit them with the buffing wheel and some polishing grit and they look as good as new...and for the shells ...man I should start a collection you just can not get away from them....Nice going!!!!!!!! Seeker

OP
OP
LONE GUNMAN

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
LEAVING FOR NEVADA AT 6 AM TOMARROW....TREASURE HUNTING FOR A WEEK.....GHOST TOWNS, MINNING CAMPS.....SO EXCITED, WEATHER SUPPOSE TO HIT 60 WHERE WE ARE GOING.....GOLD NUGGETS, OLD BOTTLES....WILL POST PICS, LOTS OF PICS WHEN AND IF WE RETURN.
HAPPY HUNTING
LGP

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice lone...... ;)

good luck to you on your hunt this week!

;)

OP
OP
LONE GUNMAN

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
UPDATE: POSTING FROM BFE NEVADA.....COUNT SO FARE IS 3.00 IN CLAD, 2 OLD MARBLES, NUMEROUSE BRASS, LOTS OF OLD BUCKLES, HERMONICA REED, OLD SILVER WARE, A FEW OLD BUTTONS, AND A WHOLE LOT OF GREAT PICS FOR YOU GUYS......WEATHER HERE IS 63 TODAY, AND DOWN TO 12 AT NIGHT...HEADING TO OPHIR CANYON THIS EVENING FOR MORE PICS AND HOPFULLY A FEW COINS...FOUND SOME REALLY GREAT PLACES ALONG WITH A FEW CRAPPY ONES...WILL POST FROM HOME NEXT WEEK
HAPPY HUNTING
LONE GUNMAN

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice digs,,, WTG!!!
Good luck on the trip, & Happy hunting~

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gives new meaning to the phrase, "Buckle-up"...hope you're having a great trip!

HH!
TBGO

S

stefen

Much of what you have indicated in the photograph is from saddles and other harness gear. The 'D' ring is from a saddle and the 'O' ring is from a cinch AKA, improvised running iron for changing brands. Most of the buckles are from head stalls and long reins.

R

rb

Man you need to hook up with me here in nevada. I can show you all the great sites. Good luck here in the silver state. HH RB

OP
OP
LONE GUNMAN

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
where exactly is dayton nv? once i move there we should hook up and go diggin'.....saw the biggest gold nugget while we were out....it was about the size of a golf ball, maybe a little bigger.....one third or better was gold while the other part was quartz...figured it would bring in about 1100 to2500 dollars....bob at manhattan found it with a whites gold machine....ever get up there look him up at the mahattan motel...hell of a nice old bird with 30 yrs experiance mining up that way....well i dont have all the pics for you guys yet, we got home last night about 1:30, but buy the looks of it we found some good stuff....wife found a old metal comb, couple of shotgun buttons from 1901, lots of clad about 5 or 6 bucks worth, we checked out 7 differant ghost towns, a couple of stage stops, my wife found a musket ball here, a cat house....kid found 1.15 here....an old car was....2 bucks in quarters plus some in change, we had a hell of a good time i will try and get some pics up tomarrow.
happy hunting
lgp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread