Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey CW3(RET) USARMY!
Yup, that is one of my coins, though I doubt it is part of a solid dump block from me since it was marked at least back in April... I don't recall marking the coin twice, but I may have been tired and have done so haha :P

I hope you found some silver in that box! I know it seems like every time I do a dump of halves I am dumping on a pile of silver since I can see it and hear it in the bag :) That is when I wish I could get my dumps bank LOL

HH
And thanks for noticing!

Hey CW3(RET) USARMY!
Yup, that is one of my coins, though I doubt it is part of a solid dump block from me since it was marked at least back in April... I don't recall marking the coin twice, but I may have been tired and have done so haha :P

I hope you found some silver in that box! I know it seems like every time I do a dump of halves I am dumping on a pile of silver since I can see it and hear it in the bag :) That is when I wish I could get my dumps bank LOL

HH
And thanks for noticing!
:laughing9: Sorry to disapoint you but the only coin I kept from that box was your marked coin; there was no silver in the box. Most of the boxes I'm getting now are skunks with a occasional box having maybe 1 40% in it. It's been almost 4 months since I seen a ender in a box & that was a bottom ender. I wanted to make sure I put all the information about the coin in the thread. I have since dumped the coin. Maybe I'll get it again.
HH
Gary

Hi Buffalo Boy, I think you are my lucky charm! I found one of your coins in the first roll I opened in a box and you marked it "1 14". So I did not hold out much hope for finding any silver in that box. Lo and behold, I snagged a 1964, and then, on the very last roll, a 1911-S Morgan!!! I'm sure you would not have left that go by, so I got lucky on the remix/reroll by the bank -- Fizzbin (downstate NY)

Sorry I meant Barber, not Morgan! I can email you a pic, it's a G but may have been cleaned.

That is awesome my friend! I am unable to access any silver that is in the bag when I dump... even I wish I get my dumps back sometimes when I see loads of silver in the half dollar bag, but there's no way for me to get it... I'd love to see a picture of the barber if you could, thanks for sharing!
Hi Buffalo Boy, I think you are my lucky charm! I found one of your coins in the first roll I opened in a box and you marked it "1 14". So I did not hold out much hope for finding any silver in that box. Lo and behold, I snagged a 1964, and then, on the very last roll, a 1911-S Morgan!!! I'm sure you would not have left that go by, so I got lucky on the remix/reroll by the bank -- Fizzbin (downstate NY)

That is awesome my friend! I am unable to access any silver that is in the bag when I dump... even I wish I get my dumps back sometimes when I see loads of silver in the half dollar bag, but there's no way for me to get it... I'd love to see a picture of the barber if you could, thanks for sharing!

photo.JPGphoto(1).JPG

Wow thats a great score!! I havent found any 1/14 Buffalo Boys, but I have found tons of them from last year!!

Never got as lucky as a barber half with any buffalo boy coins! Great score, ive only found 2 barbers out of 1500+ boxes of halves.

What code was stamped on the bottom of the box?

HH

Last edited:
Just for the info, the "1 14" on the reverse means the coin was marked and released in January, 2014. This month the coins will have "3 14" on the reverse. that's a nice barber, I've done 1000+ boxes of halves and haven't found a barber yet. :)
5999. Garda/Dunbar flat box.

Thanks for the info. So that means the coin was in the Magnolia State 2 months ago?

My friend keeps finding your coins. Where are you now? We figured you live on the east coast! Anywhere near New York? Reply please, very curious!

Where are you? New York or at least in the North East someplace. I watch Youtube and my friend does CRH and keeps finding your Halves! Please reply! I told him I found you and he's curious as well! LOL #quitmarkingcoins is what we say when we see them, but I know you got your reasons! Have a great one and keep up the hunt for SILVER!

According to his profile his last activity on these boards was April 27th, and he last posted in January. Hopefully he is okay health-wise and is just taking a break from the forums.

You can just mail me one I have found a silver yet 3 years lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back