BuffaloBoys recant boxes(past 3 weeks or so)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy's recant boxes(past 3 weeks or so)

Hello fellow T-neters,
I have been hitting the nickels and pennies hard lately as I am on a 14 box half dollar skunk streak.

I had a fairly decant batch of nickels the past 4 boxes or so, and some decant penny boxes as well.
I get all of these boxes from 1 bank. The nickels all stamped with the same machine number and dateexcept for 1 box.
The pennies were all dated the same machine number, and the dates were either 10/14/11 or 11/29/11.

...The pennies. First box was dated 11/29 and contained 17 wheats, all common dates.
second box dated 10/14 and contained 21 wheats.
third box dated 10/14 as well, 35 wheat pennies(no enders)--I am thinking a bad box right away. Now I am hyped to do another box.This box also contained by FIRST PROOF PENNY, a 2000-S penny barely touched or nicked. Came out on the reverse and I immediately knew it was a proof. 5th from last toll too.
fourth box was also dated 10/14, had 1 ender in the box. I am thinking it will be loaded. 13 wheats.

...The nickels...all boxes dated 11/28

I did not keep detailed info on these as my spreadsheet somehow got deleted.
4 boxes searched, 3 war nickels and 5 or 6 buffalo nickels, only one had a date, partial date: 1920p. all the others are ND philly coins.
Also got some strange foreign coins in the rolls I have never gotten before. nothing of value though. threw them in a baggie with my crh foreign finds.

The most recant box I searched contained the 1920p buffalo nickel, 2x 1938p nickels and 3x 1939p nickels. And an update: MS 1954-S nickel with purple natural toning around the edges. Beautiful coin.
Also, my 2nd proof nickel of the year, a 1998-S nickel PROOF.

I have never seen so many proofs come out of boxes in all my years of CRH, a proof penny, which is REALLY RARE. as well as a proof nickel, consiered RARE. As I have only found 2 proof nickels and 1 proof penny in my 4 years of CRH.

These were brinks boxes as well.

Sorry pictures cannot be provided. My computer that is hooked up to the scanner is broken, and the scanner cannot be hooked up to the laptop. As most know, I always supply pictures, but right now I am simply unable to.

I finally had something worth posting about so I did.

Hope everybody has a wonderful holiday, and HH!

P.S. got in change from the bank 2 older $10 bills, 1950b series and 1950c series in well circulated shape. The teller checked his drawer for any more, but it was just those 2.

Upvote 0

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: BuffaloBoy's recant boxes(past 3 weeks or so)

i have yet to find a proof penny but thats awesome you got one! I have found 2 proof nickels 2005 and 1995 S mint marks. hopefully i get some soon

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

penny proofs are super rare, I remember somebody posting recantly if anybody has ever found a proof penny in circulation.

I never thought it would happen to me, but it did!

The penny turned an AWESOME box(35 wheats) into an INCREDIBLE box!! :D

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010

Buffaloboy,
WTG!...great finds. Keep at is. "It's out there"
rileyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions