What's new

Bullet & Army Man?

jonandlaura

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 23, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Bullet & Army Man?

Found these today at an old farm house in Vermont. The bullet (if it is a bullet) was about 6 - 7 inch's deep. It looks like it is made of lead but I cannot see any markings. The army guy was about 10 inch's deep when found. It was covered in thick rust and looked like a large nail. We only discovered it was an army guy after cleaning it. It is made of steel or iron. It also looks like it might have had a peg to place it into something? or another leg that is now missing???? I'm not really sure if it is an army guy. But that's my guess.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3566.webp
    DSCN3566.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCN3567.webp
    DSCN3567.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN3568.webp
    DSCN3568.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCN3569.webp
    DSCN3569.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 222
Re: Bullet & Army Man?

The metal figure looks like the driver from a cast iron toy vehicle similar to this old Hubley toy auto:

Pg_41_Auto_358_316.webp​
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bullet & Army Man?

Wow! Thanks PBK. That makes a lot more sense than what I was thinking. Looks just like it. Any idea as to the age?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bullet & Army Man?

jonandlaura said:
Wow! Thanks PBK. That makes a lot more sense than what I was thinking. Looks just like it. Any idea as to the age?

Not really... maybe 1920's if it really is from a Hubley. Do a search on Hubley automobiles and you may be able to get a date range for it.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bullet & Army Man?

Hubley,

LOL saw the man, and before I could read the next post that is what was in my mind.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom