What's new

✅ SOLVED Bullet I.D. help

Trentonfrank

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2017
Messages
66
Reaction score
170
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this guy today. I'm assuming its civil war era? It has a tiny hole in the bottom and am wondering if there is a purpose of the hole or is it a flaw in the bullet mold? I apologize I don't have calipers but I did weigh it if that helps. 28 grams.

Thanks,
Frank
 

Attachments

  • hb.webp
    hb.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
  • hb1.webp
    hb1.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
  • hb2.webp
    hb2.webp
    1 MB · Views: 68
Looks like a Spencer or Maynard never saw base quite like that. One thing for sure 28 grams an ounce of death!
 
Upvote 0
A ******* probably rammed it down the barrel bass ackwards and used a bullet puller.:laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
I'll confirm the first half of Joe G from Md's guess... it is definitely a (fired) .52 Spencer Rifle bullet. I should mention, it is the civil war version, because several post-civil-war versions of Spencer bullet exist.

The small hole in the base of this one is just a casting-flaw bubble.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys! Marking solved.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom