What's new

✅ SOLVED Pistol Bullet? Timeframe?

USNFLYR

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2018
Messages
334
Reaction score
476
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a tiny bullet that appears to be lead. I have found several Civil War and modern Bullets made with harder metal than lead. I suspect this one is post Civil War, but its material maybe places it Pre WWI? I have never found a bullet with a tiny opening at the tip (and drilled hole). Can anyone chime in on this bullet?


IMG_5479.webp
IMG_5480.webp
IMG_5481.webp
IMG_5482.webp
 
Last edited:
Looks like a "bullet" weight for fishing.
Bama,
Good observation. I was wondering that too. It does look like there are marks near the base for where a cartridge may have been banded? Your theory "holds water" (no pun intended).
 
Upvote 0
Good Job Bamasteve
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom