What's new

Bullet ID Please

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today and am not sure about it. By my best measurment it is 9/16+" wide and 3/4+" tall. The base is dished out. It is hard to tell from the pictures but it is a two ringer.
Could it be a 54 Burnside?
 

Attachments

  • bullet 2.webp
    bullet 2.webp
    111 KB · Views: 239
  • bullet 1.webp
    bullet 1.webp
    73.9 KB · Views: 227
Looks like a dish base burnside to me.
 
Upvote 0
The measurements pretty well match a .558 Burnside Carbine. (Civil War Projectiles II). Monty
 
Upvote 0
Thanks,
I found it at the same site that gave me the badge in my avatar. I wonder if it might have come from a prisoner at Andersonville as well.
I will mark it solved.
 
Upvote 0
Yep I agree it looks like a Burnsides. I just had to get my 2 cents in :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom