What's new

Bullet ID Please

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
2,357
Reaction score
3,538
Golden Thread
0
Location
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I found this lead bullet hunting in the woods.
It doesn't have any cannelures or lube grove.
It measures .359 in dia. and .724 in length.
There are 4 lands and 4 groves.

Just curious as to what may have fired it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4466.webp
    IMG_4466.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4467.webp
    IMG_4467.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4468.webp
    IMG_4468.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 62
Need the weight in grains to get closer to what caliber. 9mm or 38 of some type
 
Upvote 0
Pete
I guessed that was about the caliber.
I don't have anything to get an accurate weight.
It just seemed unusual for not having a lube grove and only 4 lands and grooves.
I thought that might point to a type of gun it was fired out of.
Assume it was a rifle of some type do to the length of the bullet.

Thanks for the reply
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom