cmthunder Hero Member Joined Mar 20, 2013 Messages 854 Reaction score 2,331 Golden Thread 0 Location Maryland Detector(s) used Minelab Xterra Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 23, 2021 #1 2 civil war battlefield finds Western Md looking for ID. One on left is L-1.01, D-.51, 432 grains On right L-.958, D-.52, 432 grains Thanks for help! Upvote 0
2 civil war battlefield finds Western Md looking for ID. One on left is L-1.01, D-.51, 432 grains On right L-.958, D-.52, 432 grains Thanks for help!
TheCannonballGuy Gold Member Joined Feb 24, 2006 Messages 6,614 Reaction score 13,465 Golden Thread 0 Location Occupied CSA (Richmond VA) Detector(s) used White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Apr 23, 2021 #2 I think both of them are fired .52 Sharps "New Model" bullets. Notice that their weight is absolutely identical -- which would be extremely odd if they were different kinds of bullets. I suspect the .01" difference in diameter is due to corrosion.
I think both of them are fired .52 Sharps "New Model" bullets. Notice that their weight is absolutely identical -- which would be extremely odd if they were different kinds of bullets. I suspect the .01" difference in diameter is due to corrosion.