M MassBK Jr. Member Joined Jul 21, 2011 Messages 48 Reaction score 8 Golden Thread 0 Location Massachusetts Detector(s) used Garrett 250 Nov 6, 2011 #1 This bullet is 1/2 inch long, about 1/3 inch in width and has 3 distinct rings around it. I cannot read any inscriptions if there are any. Attachments 1.webp 5.8 KB · Views: 1,028 2.webp 12.8 KB · Views: 1,086 3.webp 16.5 KB · Views: 1,092
This bullet is 1/2 inch long, about 1/3 inch in width and has 3 distinct rings around it. I cannot read any inscriptions if there are any.
duggap Bronze Member Joined Dec 11, 2007 Messages 2,056 Reaction score 1,053 Golden Thread 0 Location Chattanooga, TN Detector(s) used Tosoro Bandido Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Nov 6, 2011 #2 It was kind of hard to tell without a smaller picture but I believe what you have is a modern wad cutter bullet. Upvote 0
It was kind of hard to tell without a smaller picture but I believe what you have is a modern wad cutter bullet.
NOLA_Ken Gold Member Joined Jan 4, 2011 Messages 5,221 Reaction score 4,180 Golden Thread 0 Location Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co Detector(s) used several, mostly Garrett Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 6, 2011 #3 Can't tell you exactly without an accurate measurement, but I think you've got a modern .38 wad cutter. Upvote 0
Can't tell you exactly without an accurate measurement, but I think you've got a modern .38 wad cutter.
Monty Gold Member Joined Jan 26, 2005 Messages 10,752 Reaction score 170 Golden Thread 0 Location Sand Springs, OK Detector(s) used ACE 250, Garrett Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Nov 9, 2011 #4 Also could be a modern day black powder bullet put out by TC, depending on the caliber. Do you have any calipers to give us a closer diameter?s Monty Upvote 0
Also could be a modern day black powder bullet put out by TC, depending on the caliber. Do you have any calipers to give us a closer diameter?s Monty