Nick79
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jan 28, 2018
- Messages
- 763
- Reaction score
- 1,929
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- California
- Detector(s) used
- Equinox 800
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
Hi all, anyone seen this before? I can't figure it out!
Auto-Bore Cleaner 😁🤘

Auto-Bore Cleaner 😁🤘

Could you show us a picture of such a cleaner? Never seen one.
I'm no ammo expert, but those look like cordite filaments to me... the charge for the cartridge.
View attachment 2078838
That was my first thought also (Cordite)....
Obviously it doesn't appeared to have been fire. Can the OP clean up the primer end of the shell and read any of the head stamps? Curios as to whether it's a 50 cal or some other large round.
Its probably a 30-06 or similar. No headstamp, thanksThat was my first thought also (Cordite)....
Obviously it doesn't appeared to have been fire. Can the OP clean up the primer end of the shell and read any of the head stamps? Curios as to whether it's a 50 cal or some other large round.
Sorry buddy, I was just making a joke 🤗Could you show us a picture of such a cleaner? Never seen one.
I'm no ammo expert, but those look like cordite filaments to me... the charge for the cartridge.
View attachment 2078838
Credit: Forrest H. Barfield, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
...I got it in my Cracker Jack boxPerhaps we can change this to IDENTIFIED ... but do tell us about how you aquired it and how a strand burns ?
Perhaps we can change this to IDENTIFIED ... but do tell us about how you aquired it and how a strand burns ?