What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Bullet

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,453
Reaction score
10,833
Golden Thread
0
Found this older bullet I'm assuming. Anyone know what type of pistol it fired from? It does have the tiny vertical lines in the two rings if that helps. The bottom is not concave either it's flat and it has some numbers or partial numbers on it
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0628.webp
    IMG_0628.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0631.webp
    IMG_0631.webp
    89.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0630.webp
    IMG_0630.webp
    1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0629.webp
    IMG_0629.webp
    2.6 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:
A 22 LR has a diameter of .225”. It’s too big for a 22. The Colt .25 auto has a diameter of .251” so it is too small for a 25 auto. I’m not sure what it’s from. European maybe?🤔
 
Upvote 0
A 22 LR has a diameter of .225”. It’s too big for a 22. The Colt .25 auto has a diameter of .251” so it is too small for a 25 auto. I’m not sure what it’s from. European maybe?🤔
If this helps it was found where a semi modern church sits and old one was originally there. Civil war skirmish across the street. Old general store on one corner. That may be totally irrelevant though
 
Upvote 0
A 22 LR has a diameter of .225”. It’s too big for a 22. The Colt .25 auto has a diameter of .251” so it is too small for a 25 auto. I’m not sure what it’s from. European maybe?🤔
The bullet has been fired, and also has a bit of patina…..that’s what’s “adding” to the measurement. I’m sticking with .22

And I believe the short and long used the same bullet. So could have been a long as well

Nathan - do you have a scale? A short or long should weigh ~ 29g. A 22 long rifle will weigh ~40g
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The bullet has been fired, and also has a bit of patina…..that’s what’s “adding” to the measurement. I’m sticking with .22

And I believe the short and long used the same bullet. So could have been a long as well

Nathan - do you have a scale? A short or long should weigh ~ 29g. A 22 long rifle will weigh ~40g
No but now I need a scale too
 
Upvote 0
The bullet has been fired, and also has a bit of patina…..that’s what’s “adding” to the measurement. I’m sticking with .22

And I believe the short and long used the same bullet. So could have been a long as well

Nathan - do you have a scale? A short or long should weigh ~ 29g. A 22 long rifle will weigh ~40g
I just put on my scale a 22LR it's weight is 2.6g
 
Upvote 0
Hey guys I was out with family today just seeing all this now
 
Upvote 0
I notice the markings in the bottom of the top two grooves. These are characteristic of modern bullets.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom