What's new

Bullets

mile-ender

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
472
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug these up today and was wondering a few things... 1 - Can you give me an approximate age on these?
2 - How dangerous are they?
3 - Should I keep em or turn em in to be disposed of?
4 - Are there colectors for these?

Some info on the pics... Exhibit A - 3" length, half inch diameter
- headstamp D A (arrow) (at twelve), 19 (at nine o'clock), 20 (at three o'clock), VII (at six o'clock)

Exhibit B - 2 1/8" length, half inch diameter
- headstamp D A (arrow) (at twelve), 19 (at nine o'clock), 16 (at three o'clock), VII (at six o'clock)

Exhibit C - 1 1/4" length, half inch diameter
- headstamp mostly illegible - 19 (at nine o'clock), 19 (at three o'clock)

Exhibit D - 1" length, little over 1/2" diameter
- headstamp D.C. co. 32 short

Thanks for your help :hello:
 

Attachments

  • Exhibit A.webp
    Exhibit A.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 296
  • Exhibiti B.webp
    Exhibiti B.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 292
  • Exhibit C.webp
    Exhibit C.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 279
  • Exhibit D.webp
    Exhibit D.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 291
Maybe I am blind, but primers appear to be intact on the rifle cartridges. Harmless enough though, unless you have an inclination to take a hammer and nail to it.
 
Upvote 0
The first round appears to be a .303 . Jims right. Most likely Canadian, DA=Domminion Arsenal, the Arrow would be the British Common Wealth "Broad Arrow" mark used on all their military equipment. The VII would be Mark 7 which denotes the model number. I assume the 19 and 20 might just refer to the year of manufature.

More info here: http://www.dave-cushman.net/shot/303headstamps.html.
 
Upvote 0
You guys are the Bomb :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
I agree with everything posted. Bullets I know a lot about and I got beat to these! Good Id guys. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Yeah, put them on the roof and get a bb gun to see who fires it off first. My cousins and I used to do that at my uncles farm in Oregon with .22 rounds, pretty dumb huh? But it was fun at the time.
 
Upvote 0
Rando said:
pokerdad911 said:
Yeah, put them on the roof and get a bb gun to see who fires it off first. My cousins and I used to do that at my uncles farm in Oregon with .22 rounds, pretty dumb huh? But it was fun at the time.
Good Lord, i thought i was the only one stupid enough to do stuff like that as a youngun'.
It's a wonder I wasn't Darwined early.
We found a tray of primers, (somebody's dad was a reloader) and we would tape them to the end of our BB guns, when they fired, the BB acted as a firing pin...
::)
Stupid...

OOOOOHHHHHH I CAN TOP IT! This is REAL DUMB!!!!!!!!!!! 5 or 6 of us at ages 12 and 13 year olds were camping in the woods. One of the guys told me he was going to scare the hell out of everyone and informed me to go along with the story. He told a story of the farmer across the field that would sneak out and shoot people that crossed his property. Just as he finished the story, gun shots rang out. We all scattered! This dumb a$$ threw a hand full of 22 shells in the camp fire. Our tent was peppered with bullet holes. The good lord was looking out for us all that night. I was dumb at that age but would of stopped that if I knew the whole plan. Bullets in a fire! ::)
 
Upvote 0
We used to take empty used brass shells, punch out the firing pin, insert a fire cracker with the fuse out the hole. Clamp it with vise grip pliers and sturdy it to something. Somehow we would slip another used shell over it , light the fuse and it would fire like a gun. It seemed like a lot of fun at the time. Its amazing the power of gunpowder and the trouble kids could get into.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom