100_1628.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 876
  • 100_1629.JPG
    100_1629.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 880
  • 100_1614.JPG
    100_1614.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 872
Its the 1987 Hubba Bubba George Washington bubble blowing quarter.

At sometime of the coins life it got exposed to heat.I have a dime like that.

i'm thinking heat related also,i heated up a quarter with a torch but it erupted,
still left a bump,but only on one side and it wasn't anywhere near the size of the one posted.
i may try it again,only less heat.

Mark

It's a fire coin, maybe a campfire, maybe a house fire, but exposed to heat- Some drug dealers and thieves used to live close to my parents place and when their place burned down the cops found all sorts of stolen Harley parts and what not..anyways, a year after the smoke cleared so to speak I found a partially melted quarter (their driveway ran down the side of our property- they had a right of way or whatever but it was technically our land) I ended up finding several more melted coins in that area and went back with the metal detector- to this day it's the only cache I've ever found, one giant glob of melted coins and a few handfulls of coins that looked just like the one you have there- why they were buried in the driveway I don't know-

crack heads use quarters to smoke crack under a small torch.
looks like the burns of crack..suck on it for a while and see if you feel funny...LOL

imafishingnutt said:
looks like the burns of crack..suck on it for a while and see if you feel funny...LOL
The things that I learn on T-Net never cease to amaze me

I've seen a few halves like that. I asked around among coin dealers, and no one seemed to know for sure, but the general consensus was that those bubbles are caused by heat. So heat it is, I guess.

I still say they are crack head burns ....Just my oppinion.
Not that I would know about it...LOL

Yep from heat. I found 30 or 40 like that in my fire recovery of 1,300 coins.

imafishingnutt said:
Fish, you are a Nut!!! ;D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back