Burke Phase Curvilinear Complicated Stamped Rim Shard

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I found a rim shard that is new to me. It's a common find across the county at the Berry site and from the Mississippian time period. Since it's tempered with soapstone around here that makes it Burke Phase. It was an exciting find for me. Thanks for looking and HH!

WP_20161029_008.jpgWP_20161029_009.jpgWP_20161029_011.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice looking pottery , great find.

I thought most from that period were lead, but I am no expert that’s for sure.
I don't know anything about bullets and it might not be copper but the green color makes me think it is. I'll research it and see what I can figure out though. Thanks for replying.

Last edited:
I found this too. Anyone have any ideas about what it is or what section I can put it in for ID?
View attachment 1375983View attachment 1375984
It looks like a copper jacketed bullet. The copper jacketed bullet was invented in 1882. You might try the What Is It forum but it will help if you have exact measurements of the diameter and length using a calipers. Also, is the bottom flat or concave?

That's a modern copper jacketed bullet

It looks like a copper jacketed bullet. The copper jacketed bullet was invented in 1882. You might try the What Is It forum but it will help if you have exact measurements of the diameter and length using a calipers. Also, is the bottom flat or concave?
It's flat on the bottom, I will post it in the what is it forum tomorrow. Thanks!

Nice thats a nice piece of pottery girl. I bet the pot was a real beauty when it was whole lots of craftsmanship in that piece.

Neat piece of pottery..nice find. I think Flint and Gator nailed the whatsit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back