What's new

Burning a hole in my pocket!

Digking

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 13, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rustburg, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm, III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I have about $450 to spend on an MD. I have been looking at either the Garrett ACE 350 or thinking of holding out on a used AT Pro. Since I am fairly new to MD'ing I thought I should throw it out there and see what you got. Feel free to let me know if there are better options for my money or if you know where I can get a killer deal. I have been swinging a White's Prizm III and I just need something with better discrimination and more features. Ready..........go
 
Whatever you decide - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.
 
Tesoro Vaquero is $440 and is amazing in depth & discrimination. The Ace not so much.
 
I have a 4 month old Vaquero with stock coil and 2 extra coils 5.75 widescan and 12x10 widescan with long tesoro cas and finds pouch for $500 shipped.
 
I have a 4 month old Vaquero with stock coil and 2 extra coils 5.75 widescan and 12x10 widescan with long tesoro cas and finds pouch for $500 shipped.

Very good deal and from a very reputable company with Life-time warranty. The tesoro family is quite easy to operate too!
 
Save up and get the atp a vaquero has less features and is a single tone. For me the single tone was a BIG disappointment.
 
No it's a killer machine dirtscratcher! Great starter machine and easy to learn. Many people love them, I just need to make room in the closet.
 
Last edited:
Discrimination is an evasive thing. The detector does not know what is down there. It is calibrated to display certain things based on the amount of signal returned. The problem is a coin at say 3" returns the same signal as an iron ax head at say 10". This is the irony of the situation. Your Prizm III is touchy when you set the sensitivity to high for the soil conditions. If I were you, I would keep saving until I could get a top of the line detector. Just my opinion, Frank...111-1 profile.webp
 
Thanks for the help everyone! :(
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom