What's new

Button Expert Needed

Bigcypresshunter

Sapphire Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
27,124
Reaction score
3,351
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Are these CW buttons? Superior Quality backmark. I believe they are 1800's but I dont have any button books. Thanks.

button mississippi.webp
 
I really couldn't see the backmark on Marc Parker's button but he has the backmark written out in his article. I think he said that particular backmark with the MG instead of MFG is 1840's and 50's which is correct. I've dug buttons in civil war camps with the backmark shown on the cuff but have also seen that backmark on buttons from the late 1800's as well. Anoter difference in the buttons is that Marks is a 2 piece, face and back. While the ones in the auction are 3 piece , face, back and rim, staffs.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
12
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pre civil war?
Replies
6
Views
579

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom