What's new

button help added pic.

kawalabear

Full Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
eastern shore MD.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
we found a button on the front it is flat and plain nothing on it .

the back is printed/stamped with from what i can tell is :

M&W buchier (or buchler) * philadelphia *

any info. would be great

if i can get a pic. that will show up, ill post it .

thanks kawalabear
 

Attachments

  • 100_0143.webp
    100_0143.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 189
Re: button help

After you post a pic, I'm sure someone will be able to ID it for you. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Re: button help

Breezie said:
After you post a pic, I'm sure someone will be able to ID it for you. Breezie
yeah hit up VaYank54 he knows buttons. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Re: button help

If you could post pics that would help. I've never heard of that backmark and looked real quick but couldn't find it. There are still quite a few backmarks unlisted though. Even if we can't find the maker the construction of the button can be a help in dating it.

Gonehunting thanks for the vote of confidence.
 
Upvote 0
Re: button help

vayank54 said:
If you could post pics that would help. I've never heard of that backmark and looked real quick but couldn't find it. There are still quite a few backmarks unlisted though. Even if we can't find the maker the construction of the button can be a help in dating it.

Gonehunting thanks for the vote of confidence.
no problemo
 
Upvote 0
Re: button help

Buehler?

:D

I found this as a snippet view in a Google books search -

2im7576.jpg
 
Upvote 0
The name is Buchler but I couldn't find anything on them as a maker or dealer. By the thickness of the button and the type of shank I would say the button was made around 1810 to 1830. In case you didn't know there are several names for that type of button gilt, coin and flat.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom