What's new

Button Help ?Civil War Marine??

timekiller

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
3,853
Reaction score
966
Golden Thread
1
Location
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I found this button today on a short little hunt 45mins! Anyway I'm not good at these type buttons just don't get into that era much so have not learned them well.But to me it looks like a civil war marine button but I need help to confirm it :thumbsup:
Thanks Ahead!
Pete! :hello:
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0712.webp
    DSCN0712.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 301
  • DSCN0713.webp
    DSCN0713.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 300
  • DSCN0714.webp
    DSCN0714.webp
    78.6 KB · Views: 307
Marines. Will have to match the front to possiby ID because the back has gone bye bye.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Marines. Will have to match the front to possiby ID because the back has gone bye bye.
Here is one that looks like it :dontknow: :icon_scratch:
MC10 Sold Dug Civil War Marine Button, "Freeman &Co/Attleborough" Nice gilt. Dug in Southern Maryland. 23mm $175.00
 

Attachments

  • tnuc0807075[1].webp
    tnuc0807075[1].webp
    3.4 KB · Views: 330
  • uc0807075[1].webp
    uc0807075[1].webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0
What is that in the hole in the center of the back? I've never seen the inside of a button that looks like that. I realize the back is gone but is there a brass disc or something under the face??
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
What is that in the hole in the center of the back? I've never seen the inside of a button that looks like that. I realize the back is gone but is there a brass disc or something under the face??
It's the front side showing through. :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0715.webp
    DSCN0715.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 235
Upvote 0
Solved! :thumbsup:
This one is it!
MC10 Sold Dug Civil War Marine Button, "Scovill, Mf"g, &Co./Waterbury." Nice smooth patina, with gentle push. 23mm $125.00
 

Attachments

  • uc0807077[1].webp
    uc0807077[1].webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 354
  • uc0807077[1].webp
    uc0807077[1].webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom