What's new

Button help please

Bunker

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
562
Reaction score
77
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Pete, Fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Found this today and I know nothing about buttons. This was found in my neighborhood built around 1920. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Bunker
 

Attachments

  • Eagle,star,moonbutton1.webp
    Eagle,star,moonbutton1.webp
    89.2 KB · Views: 279
  • Back of Button.webp
    Back of Button.webp
    71.2 KB · Views: 277
Hmm. The crescent moon and star is an internationally-recognized symbol of the faith of Islam. But it faces (star) to the right. Still looking.

Brian
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Brian, I tried a google search a didn't find anything. I will continue to look as well. This is my first old button and I am at a loss!
HH,
Bunker
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks everyone for your input. BCH that is some interesting info. I appreciate your digging and looking for clues to this button.
Bunker
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The cresent moon and star in louisiana is a symbol for an organization that existed down here during and after the Civil War. The group was called the knights of the golden circle. It was mainly maid up of confedrate Partisans and veterans. There were several of these groups in Louisiana. Another was the Knights of the white orchid also called the white orchid society. These people raised and safeguarded money and supplies with the thought that the south would rise again and restart the war. I've never seen you're button before but the cresent moon and star was one of their main symbols.
 
Upvote 0
capt.caveman said:
The cresent moon and star in louisiana is a symbol for an organization that existed down here during and after the Civil War. The group was called the knights of the golden circle. It was mainly maid up of confedrate Partisans and veterans. There were several of these groups in Louisiana. Another was the Knights of the white orchid also called the white orchid society. These people raised and safeguarded money and supplies with the thought that the south would rise again and restart the war. I've never seen you're button before but the cresent moon and star was one of their main symbols.

It's very similar to the KGC symbol, but notice the cresent moon on this button doesn't extend beyond the two star rays.
 

Attachments

  • pinscrescmoonbrs.gif
    pinscrescmoonbrs.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 0
Thanks Capt. Caveman (Welcome aboard too!) and Iron Spike for looking at this post. I am now even more curious then before. Time to do some more digging!
HH,
Bunker
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom