What's new

Button help?

mainer

Silver Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
3,405
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if anyone could identify these butons? The one with an eagle I thought might be from the civil war? On the back it says castmann and I think PHI. The other one Is all rust on the back dont really know if it says anything or not. It has some writing underneath the lion but with a maginfying glass I still cant read it. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Mainer
 

Attachments

  • buttons.webp
    buttons.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 234
I know this one. I found one similar (bottom pic)and so have other members. It is a blazer button from the 50's era. The bottom inscription says SPECTEMUR AGENDO in Latin but I dont remember what it means my mind is going....

The eagle is a military button and a nice find. Maybe CW but I think late 1800's.. Hard to tell in your pic. Here is a pic comparing the two.
 

Attachments

  • buttons 1875indian wars 1854civilwar.webp
    buttons 1875indian wars 1854civilwar.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 204
  • Spectemur agendo button..webp
    Spectemur agendo button..webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 232
  • spectemur agendo.webp
    spectemur agendo.webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 217
  • buttons 1875indian wars 1854civilwar.webp
    buttons 1875indian wars 1854civilwar.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 212
  • Spectemur agendo button..webp
    Spectemur agendo button..webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 217
  • spectemur agendo.webp
    spectemur agendo.webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 205
Upvote 0
Thanks bigcypresshunter. You nailed it. Theres two more I dont have to wonder aout anymore. Thanks again for the help.

Mainer
 
Upvote 0
Look at the size of the shield to tell if its CW or Indian Wars (later era).
 
Upvote 0
Hey Bigcypresshunter. The button is more like the first one in your pic. Just from the look of the eagles head. Not sure on the comparison of the sheilds. Thanks for the help.

Mainer
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom