What's new

Button I.D.

RKinOI

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
262
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
I found a button in Southport N.C.The bad thing is I left it down there. I'll get it when I go back in two weeks.
It is the size of a cuff button,flat and solid with the shank intact and its in great condition. It has an eagle facing left perched on a old style canon with spoked wheels. Can anyone help with this without a pic?
 
Sounds like a War of 1812 era Artillery button. Does it have any written on the front or back?

Look anything like this one?
ra0902138.JPG
 
Great button!! Wish I had found it.
I'm from Brunswick County NC and hunt in the Georgetown SC area for relics.
We found a colonial flat button this weekend that is being cleaned up to see if we
can get a better ID on it. I have not found any good areas around NC to hunt. If
you want some company on your next hunt e-mail me. I have been looking into
the old Town of Brunswick site just up from Southport but have not been there.
Do you know anything about the site?
 
A major pre-Revolutionary port on North Carolina's Cape Fear River, Brunswick was "razed" (to scrape or shave off; to obliterate; to tear down completely; to demolish) by British troops in 1776 and never rebuilt. During the Civil War, Ft. Anderson was constructed atop the old village site, and served as part of the Cape Fear River defenses below Wilmington before the fall of the Confederacy. Colonial foundations dot the present-day tour trail, which crosses the earthworks of the Confederate fort...Yeah, I'd like to get there myself..Mike
 
You can dig anywhere in brunswick town. its illegal. Im from brunswick county. There is alot of history around here....even in calabash. You should do some research



chicepo said:
Great button!! Wish I had found it.
I'm from Brunswick County NC and hunt in the Georgetown SC area for relics.
We found a colonial flat button this weekend that is being cleaned up to see if we
can get a better ID on it. I have not found any good areas around NC to hunt. If
you want some company on your next hunt e-mail me. I have been looking into
the old Town of Brunswick site just up from Southport but have not been there.
Do you know anything about the site?
 
Beutiful Button! this one appears to be an Artillery Corps button from the War of 1812, which was manufactured by William Crumpton (1807-1823). Albert listing AY 55 B.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom