What's new

Button i think

gmanlight

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
823
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works
I posted this on whatsit a month ago .I found it at a old cellar hole were i have found many flat buttons
and 2 knee buckles dating to the late 1700s The front is very smooth with beveled edges . The back had what looks like a
hole were the shank was mounted in a lead alloy backing . Thanks for the look Mike
 

Attachments

  • scan0001.webp
    scan0001.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 284
  • scan0002.webp
    scan0002.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 273
Very little cleaning was needed . I just washed it and it looked like this
 
If it has a lead filled back I would lean toward it being some type of harness rosette and precivil war
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom