What's new

Button ID/AGE (solved)

chukers

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,824
Reaction score
147
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't remember where I found this.... well I really don't wanna say because I really don't remember... well I think I remember but it don't sound right... anyways and info on this button would be nice.

Chukers
 

Attachments

  • button1.webp
    button1.webp
    92.9 KB · Views: 320
  • button2.webp
    button2.webp
    81.1 KB · Views: 303
Re: Button ID/AGE

Musician button, I think they were late 1800s
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button ID/AGE

CRUSADER said:
Musician button, I think they were late 1800s


Crusader's ID is a good one. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button ID/AGE

Mid 20th century band button. Very common.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button ID/AGE

CRUSADER said:
Musician button, I think they were late 1800s

Possible it would go back as far as the civil war?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button ID/AGE

chukers said:
CRUSADER said:
Musician button, I think they were late 1800s

Possible it would go back as far as the civil war?

Not with that backmark, as far as I'm aware. As said above it maybe into the 1900s
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button ID/AGE

chukers said:
Possible it would go back as far as the civil war?
I believe I have seen CW era buttons with that backmark. Vayank would know. The shank is not soldered. Maybe a clue. At least the back is brass.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button ID/AGE

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...&start=20&hl=en&sa=N&gbv=2&ndsp=20&tbs=isch:1

" Description: This stamped brass metal button is a two piece with a round wire shank. It features a Lyre and may have been for a band uniform. The button is in good condition but does need some polishing with some edge corrosion and measures 1 1/8th inches in diameter. Status: For Sale Reference#: se2732
Condition: good - some corrosion Year: 1890-1920 ".
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button ID/AGE

Dano Sverige said:
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...&start=20&hl=en&sa=N&gbv=2&ndsp=20&tbs=isch:1

" Description: This stamped brass metal button is a two piece with a round wire shank. It features a Lyre and may have been for a band uniform. The button is in good condition but does need some polishing with some edge corrosion and measures 1 1/8th inches in diameter. Status: For Sale Reference#: se2732
Condition: good - some corrosion Year: 1890-1920 ".

Thats it... great job... this on has the horizontal lines... the link above your was the same button without the lines so in a way both mastereagle22 and Dano Sverige got it right... I just wished it dated back a bit further I was hoping where I found it was civil war era site... guess not now.
 
Upvote 0
Cru got it,others knew it..i just polished it off so to speak.lol. These are the little "taster" finds that keep us going out there.It'll come mate. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Dano Sverige said:
Cru got it,others knew it..i just polished it off so to speak.lol. These are the little "taster" finds that keep us going out there.It'll come mate. :wink:

well yeah... but like in genealogy... you have to have the paperwork to prove it! LOL

Thanks to all!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button ID/AGE

chukers said:
Thats it... great job... this on has the horizontal lines... the link above your was the same button without the lines so in a way both mastereagle22 and Dano Sverige got it right... I just wished it dated back a bit further I was hoping where I found it was civil war era site... guess not now.
Front is a match but unless I missed it, I didnt see anything about the backmark. This exact Lyre lined button front is also still made today by Waterbury(pic). Its the backmark that will date it. late 1800-early 1900 sounds right but may very well be older need to ask Vayank. He will know.


button lyre lined.webp
 
Upvote 0
Sorry forget to add that picture to my post and cannot find it at the moment according to what research I could do yesterday that button with the same backmark was made early 1900s. I found the exact backmark on a page but as I said I cannot find it today :-\ :(
 
Upvote 0
Hey BCH How ya doin'
That backmark is early to mid 1900's
A civil war periond one will not have stars but dots.
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
Hey BCH How ya doin'
That backmark is early to mid 1900's
A civil war periond one will not have stars but dots.
thanks.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom