What's new

button ID help...

RJH02

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2007
Messages
438
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi, I have been hitting an old homesite once a week and today she coughed up another button for me. I had been diggings tabs for an hour or so. I knew this target was something different and it surely was. I will clean it up later tonight as it is soaking in water right now. I can see gold on the button which is nickel size, it looks like a solider on it with a rainbow of stars over his head. When I clean it up I will post picks . Any idea's??
 

Attachments

  • PICT0015.webp
    PICT0015.webp
    6.3 KB · Views: 217
  • PICT0016.webp
    PICT0016.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 227
Update it says CADET on it!!!
 

Attachments

  • PICT0018.webp
    PICT0018.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 220
Upvote 0
Another update . I am almost positive that the letters V M I are on the bottom. :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
RJH02 said:
Another update . I am almost positive that the letters V M I are on the bottom. :headbang:

Clean it carefully if at all.

Might be worth a hundred bucks or so... now that you know what it is - you can google it.
 
Upvote 0
cleaned up pic. Thanks guys!!
 

Attachments

  • PICT0003.webp
    PICT0003.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 195
Upvote 0
Can you tell me what the backmark on that button is? That'll give a better idea of time frame. If you could post a photo of the back.


Have you toothbrushed the back already? If not, don't. There is a better way to read the backmark:


http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,165857.0.html#top


I usually clean the fronts of my buttons first, let them Dry thoroughly, and then use the toothpick method on the back to read the backmark.




Regards,




Buckles
 
Upvote 0
I did TB the back but not alot. I believe I can read devans@co on the back,just like in MontanaJims link. Button measures 21 mm.
 

Attachments

  • PICT0005.webp
    PICT0005.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 196
Upvote 0
I believe it would be the D. EVANS & CO. / ATTLEBORO backmark.
Congrats on a great button. $$$

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0
Nice cleaning of the button RJH02 and very nice button indeed :icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom