✅ SOLVED Button ID Help

Chris717

Sep 5, 2019
South Central PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I found this button today at a 18th - 19th century home site where I've found a couple of Continental Navy officer's cuff buttons. It seems to be a tombac type button but that's as far as I can ID it, it's in pretty rough shape. I'm not sure if the text is 'CO' or '60' or something else but hoping someone with more knowledge than I may have an idea. Appreciate any feedback and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• PXL_20230103_005844253_2.jpg
    PXL_20230103_005844253_2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 52

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The image is upside down. It was/is a fairly popular style button, 18th century, showing the Spanish pillar and globe motif from their 8 reales. So... you have the globe in the center, actually a doubled globe, pillars on each side and a crown on top. Fairly common button type, unless you actually want to find one yourself! I never found one of these.

Nice find.

Upvote 4
OP
OP
Chris717

Chris717

Sep 5, 2019
South Central PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The image is upside down. It was/is a fairly popular style button, 18th century, showing the Spanish pillar and globe motif from their 8 reales. So... you have the globe in the center, actually a doubled globe, pillars on each side and a crown on top. Fairly common button type, unless you actually want to find one yourself! I never found one of these.

Nice find.
Wow, great ID, thank you very much!

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread