What's new

Button ID: Is This A Flat Button?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I was able to get out with Todd Lipe on Wednesday night. We went to spot where I found the three IHCs on Monday. Afew Wheaties appeared but that was about it. I did find this large button with no markings. I am not sure if it is old or new, any input would be appreciated.
I also found a brass medallion that was given out in 1989, at the first Charlotte Hornets game. It sounded so good, and looked so good coming out of the hole... I was sure it was going to be something sweet, but alas... junk.

Thursday night I slipped out to one of my many honey holes for an hour or so of relaxation after work. I was rewarded with a couple of Wheaties, and a '53 Rosie. I was really surprised when that silver coin came out of the first hole!

YTD silver coin # 44.

Thanks for looking and best of luck to you!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150813_204222_356-1.webp
    IMG_20150813_204222_356-1.webp
    337.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20150813_204523_884-1.webp
    IMG_20150813_204523_884-1.webp
    197.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20150813_182033_545.webp
    IMG_20150813_182033_545.webp
    818.2 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 16
Tom hi,

Button yes, but I wouldn't call it a "flat" concave, or convex depending on how you look at it.

Big congrats on #44 that's impressive.
 
Sweet finds Tom. Congratulations on the silver and hornets medallion. Looks like a old button to me but no expert here but I did stay in a motel 8 last night, lol
 
Nice old button Tom. It looks like the one I just gave back to a property owner last week. The back was full of dirt, so I thought it was half of a 2 piece. Once I cleaned the dirt out, I could see it was my first concave button like yours. Pretty neat aren't they?
 
I think you have an oldie there Tom. I find similar ones at colonial sites quite frequently, and would date it to the late 1700s or very early 1800s. Nice find!
 
That's a mighty nice button right there. And the little shiney thing is nice too.
 
Good job on the silver, wheats, and button tom!, I'm right there with ya in the ytd count
 
That is an 18th century convex button. Convex because the face of the button is convex. I would hunt the spot where you found that closely.
 
NICE BUTTON FIND.....
 
Its a Tombac circa 1790s
 
That's an old'un. I'll side with the experts chiming in on the age;) now try and figure out why it was there! Also listen for iron signals deep, and dig anything not iron. Great find!!
 
Good job on the silver, wheats, and button tom!, I'm right there with ya in the ytd count

Even with all that help?! Lol. Joking.

Well when you all get time I need some help with VLF's at my 1670's site. My CTX may have missed a lot;)
 
I think you have an oldie there Tom. I find similar ones at colonial sites quite frequently, and would date it to the late 1700s or very early 1800s. Nice find!

Thanks to everyone for the ID on the button! I am glad that I kept that one. I have a habit of throwing things away, that others consider to be valuable relics!
 
That's an old'un. I'll side with the experts chiming in on the age;) now try and figure out why it was there! Also listen for iron signals deep, and dig anything not iron. Great find!!

I found another flat button at this site a while back. There was an 1880s house on the site, and I was told that there was a house there prior to that. We find all kinds of stuff there from modern... to 1790s tombac buttons... from what the experts say! It is absolutely covered in nails though... every hole has a nail or 5 in it. Very hard place to hunt, but once in a while something cool shows up... and it's like a mile from my house!
 
Good stuff buddy, looks like a good button!
 
Even with all that help?! Lol. Joking.

Well when you all get time I need some help with VLF's at my 1670's site. My CTX may have missed a lot;)

Hahaha very funny, if I can ever find a freakin second to get out anymore I'd be glad to come pick up what ya may have missed
 
Hahaha very funny, if I can ever find a freakin second to get out anymore I'd be glad to come pick up what ya may have missed

Are you gonna use HIS CTX? ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom