What's new

Button ID....Military or Patriotic?

Mark S.

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
331
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
This button was dug from an old home site. Slightly larger than a quarter. Back is totally toast. It is cleaned as good as it will get. A little of the gilt flaked off when removing the dirt. Have not found it in any of the button books I have but I do not have the newer books.

17 stars and an old style eagle. The site dates to the early 1800s.
 

Attachments

  • DSC03450-crop.webp
    DSC03450-crop.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 177
well ohio joined the union as the 17th state in 1803 (you did say the house is early 1800 time frame)-- note 17 stars one for each state?
 
Upvote 0
I think it's military, the political ones I believe have a different style eagle, more like a GW. At least the ones I am thinking of.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom