What's new

Button ID

Island Man

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
COASTAL Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites V3 Whites 6000DI pro
I found this button near Springfield Ga. on a 98 year old farm. I couldn't positively Id it searching the internet. The back says "The Art Metal Works, Newark NJ". Hope y'all can help. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • farm button (1).webp
    farm button (1).webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 297
  • farm button (2).webp
    farm button (2).webp
    74.2 KB · Views: 266
  • farm button.webp
    farm button.webp
    74.1 KB · Views: 271
Great Seal button,1902 to present :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Its a World War l button most likely. Look closely. Does yours have the word abreviation Inc.?
 

Attachments

  • great seal button.webp
    great seal button.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 204
  • great seal button.webp
    great seal button.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 196
  • great seal dress uniform.webp
    great seal dress uniform.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 238
Upvote 0
This one is ready for the solved Green Check :thumbsup:.

Nova Treasure
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Big C,I figured it was an early one,and didnt take the time to look up the back mark :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Thanks Big C,I figured it was an early one,and didnt take the time to look up the back mark :thumbsup:
I started a list and have over 50 different backmarks pictured for the Great Seal buttons.. Some are made on England and France.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
kuger said:
Thanks Big C,I figured it was an early one,and didnt take the time to look up the back mark :thumbsup:
I started a list and have over 50 different backmarks pictured.

Well then I am glad I know ya then :laughing7: :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Its a World War l button most likely. Look closely. Does yours have the word abreviation Inc.?
My button does not say "inc". Thanks for helping!
 
Upvote 0
Island Man said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Its a World War l button most likely. Look closely. Does yours have the word abreviation Inc.?
My button does not say "inc". Thanks for helping!
Its a different variation. Ill add it to the list.
 
Upvote 0
Can you give me the exact backmark, capitalizing, putting in dots, commas, dashes and/or stars? Is there a comma after WORKS or a dash? Are there periods after N and J? Hard to see in pic.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom