What's new

Button, shackle thingy, junk or what?

joshuajbelanger

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
89
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tampa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre
Found this today, thought I recall seeing other people with the same type of things....that's a penny onside it. It looks brass or copper, don't know if its for an old strap or what. Found in the fort brooks area of tampa today. Just need to know if it's worth keeping or if it's junk! thanks

-J
 

Attachments

  • 1button.webp
    1button.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 226
  • 2button.webp
    2button.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 232
Looks like part of a clock mechanism :dontknow:

Tim
 
Upvote 0
I agree, it looks like the part that spins both directions as the clockworks advance. I don't know the name of it, but I'm sure a local jeweler would. If it is that part, it's not likely worth keeping, unless it can be a resource for dating your site.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom