Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2007
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Button, Tags, & Wheaties!

Got chance to spend a total of about 4 hours detecting last week. I went back to an old farm site that I have hit hard in the past, a new yard here in my neighborhood (disappointing ... only one old coin which was a wheatie), and about an hour at the local elementary school). I was hoping to find a ring at the elementary school but it turn out to be memorial cents everywhere. All in all is was some fun hunting though not too impressive on the finds. Some of the best finds were 3 wheaties (1939, 1940, 1955), a small military button, a 1953 dog vaccination tag, an Atlantic Metal Co tag, and a nickle sized disc with two button type holes in it and what looks like K82 imprinted on it ( anyone found anything like this?). Anyway, Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Dec07slimpickins.jpg
    Dec07slimpickins.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 266
  • Dec07slimpickinsgoodfinds.jpg
    Dec07slimpickinsgoodfinds.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 255
Upvote 0

detectoraddict

Aug 3, 2004
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, F-75
Re: Button, Tags, & Wheaties!

Nice variety of finds! At least you can detect, I'm looking at 6 inches of snow out my window :'(

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Button, Tags, & Wheaties!

VERY nice finds, Jim! 8) Not sure about the K82 item, but maybe some sort of an ID tag? Might try the what's it forum and see what they come up with. :)

Congrats! Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread