What's new

button? thimble?

collector01

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
1,377
Reaction score
1,142
Golden Thread
1
Location
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN1735.jpg
 
That's a tough one....Nice! :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
I have not seen any thimbles, even ones many centuries old with that shape, so it is most likely a button, and might even be a German or French button at that........ :-\


Here is a good thimble site to look at and judge for yourself.


http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/pages/thimble.html


Don
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a button top to me.
 
Upvote 0
The last time I seen something like that there were two fo them,,, sitting on the front of Madona... ;D
Oops sorry,,, I don't have a clue. Interesting though...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~
 
Upvote 0
Post a pic of the back,i have seen some old buttons kinda like it.But it could be alot of things ;D Is it solid?
 
Upvote 0
Alot of buttons that style,its hard to say .You make the call.
 

Attachments

  • 1733ConeBtnsSm.webp
    1733ConeBtnsSm.webp
    6.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 1207608646B.webp
    1207608646B.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 1207608646A.webp
    1207608646A.webp
    1.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Pewterconewebup.webp
    Pewterconewebup.webp
    4.9 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 0
Thanks relicdude I think your right I had never seen a button look like that, thanks again.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom