What's new

Button with some sort of state seal - what state?

Jaichim24

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2010
Messages
317
Reaction score
603
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this button in a school yard playground. The school yard was previously a tabacco field, there are still tabacco fields across the street. I also found a 1883 IH around 20 feet from this button.

It seems like it is some sort of state seal button, but none I could ID. (none of the current editions of state seals match up to it) It appears to be one person holding a bow, and another person holding an old rifle. An eagle above them.

Can anyone ID this? What is it? What area or state is it from. Is is American, or is it from outside the states?

Thanks,

Jai
 

Attachments

  • StateSealButton.webp
    StateSealButton.webp
    131.6 KB · Views: 261
Here is your pic reduced and brightened a little.
 

Attachments

  • StateSealButton.webp
    StateSealButton.webp
    51.8 KB · Views: 244
Upvote 0
Bramblefind said:
Same design though different backmark in Albert NY 101-

r0cp44.jpg

That's a green check. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I'm in Connecticut, so this would make sense. It looks like it is perhaps an older variation of it. Thanks all for those who responded.

Jai
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom