What's new

Button?

Trentonfrank

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2017
Messages
66
Reaction score
170
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this today. I thought it was a copper coin at first but there is a "hump" on the back with 2 holes. The 2 holes do not go through the front of this item. It looks like you could put a piece of thread thru the holes. Has anyone ever seen this type of button?...if it is truly a button. If anyone has any info on this thing, especially age, I would greatly appreciate it. I see no markings on the front or back and it is heavy like a colonial copper penny or cent.

Thanks,
Frank
 

Attachments

  • butn1.webp
    butn1.webp
    460.7 KB · Views: 80
  • butn2.webp
    butn2.webp
    242.7 KB · Views: 77
  • butn3.webp
    butn3.webp
    187.3 KB · Views: 65
  • butn4.webp
    butn4.webp
    286.7 KB · Views: 74
  • butn5.webp
    butn5.webp
    376.5 KB · Views: 66
Hard to say for sure, usually any type of "bump" on the back of a flat circular object would lead me to think button.

Strange that the 2 holes don't go all the way through, if so it would make me think it was a re-purposed button.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom